MAKING ROCK & ROLL… HISTORY! In 1893, Thomas A. Edison set up the world’s first movie studio at his laboratory complex in West Orange, NJ in a makeshift, tar paper covered building nicknamed “The Black Maria” for its resemblance to the police wagons of the day. The earliest motion pictures on the new film medium via his newly invented kinetograph were shot inside of this building, with talent ranging from vaudeville acts to boxing cats. This song celebrates the history of The Black Maria and the first eclectic mix of movie stars to take the stage.

Add comment